2012 OFFER summit - The Direction of Organic Agriculture
Future Growth, Challenges, & Research Needs
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Shisler Conference Center
1680 Madison Avenue,
Wooster, OH 44691
The OFFER program of The Ohio State University is sponsoring a summit of organic leaders to discuss the future of organic farming, opportunities for growth, and the anticipated needs for research and education.
- Laura Batcha, Executive Vice-President, Organic Trade Association.
- Maureen Wilmot, Executive Director, Organic Farming Research Foundation.
- Brian Snyder, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Assoc. for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Mike Anderson, Sustainable Agric. Educator, Ohio Ecological Food & Farm Assoc.
- Deborah Stinner, Panel Manager, USDA-OREI and former head of OFFER.
To encourage the exchange of ideas, all attendees are invited to share information about their research or organization by exhibiting posters or displays. Indicate in your registration whether you will be bringing a poster.
Attendance is free, but due to limited space, participants must register online in advance at http://oardc.osu.edu/offer/registration.asp. A locally sourced lunch will be provided.
For meeting agenda or more information, go to oardc.osu.edu/offer/pageview/news.htm or contact Kathy Bielek at Bielek.firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-202-3528.
National and regional organic leaders will present forward-looking perspectives on the industry.