"Best of Columbus: Garden and Urban Farms Bus Tour
"Best of Columbus" Garden and Urban Farms Bus Tours
Some basic information about the conference:
- Friday will feature four different day-long bus tours ($65), four different half-day campus tours ($20 each), an evening keynote presentation by Melinda Myers, book signings, trade show, a reception with complimentary appetizers, wine, and beer, and a dinner ($60).
- Saturday will feature 14 different breakout sessions, trade show, silent auction, state MGV awards program, keynote presentations by Pam Bennett and Joseph Tychonievich and a capstone presentation by Melinda Myers.
- Master Gardener Volunteers and their guests may register for all Friday activities, while only Master Gardener Volunteers may register for Saturday’s events.
- Earn up to 8.5 continuing education hours on Friday, and 4.5 continuing education hours on Saturday.
- All meals are included with your registration fees. Lunch will be provided as part of all day-long bus tours on Friday. Dinner, including beer, wine, and appetizers is included in the Friday evening registration ($60). Registration for Saturday ($120) includes both breakfast and lunch.
- A block of sleeping rooms is being held at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus University Area at a rate of $119 per night. Rooms are available for Thursday and Friday night. You must reserve sleeping rooms directly with the hotel by calling: 614-268-8700 and using Group Code: SMG. Hotel reservations must be made by August 15.
- Free on-campus parking is available during the conference.
- The conference is limited to 330 persons and will sell-out long before the registration deadline of August 15.
- Registration is only available online. No paper registrations will be accepted.
- Featured books will only be available on a pre-sale basis as part of the conference registration process
- Conference apparel and promotional items will only be available on a pre-sale basis as part of the conference registration process
- A professional tool sharpener will be onsite at the conference, so bring your garden tools which need to be sharpened for a fee.
Following the bus tour, guests are also invited to join Master Gardener Volunteers at a dinner and presentation by PBS gardening guru, Melinda Myers. The cost of dinner is $60 and includes appetizers, dinner, and alcoholic beverages.