CFAES Undergraduate Research Forum
Abstract deadline is Friday, January 26, 2018! No late abstracts will be accepted.
The College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences is calling for abstracts for the CFAES Undergraduate Research Forum, scheduled for Thursday, March 1, 2018, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, in the Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center.
The CFAES Undergraduate Research Forum provides a means for undergraduate students to share their research with members and friends of the OSU community; recognizes the significant contributions to research by OSU undergraduates; and facilitates exchange between students, faculty, and the public. Participation in this event will prepare students for the OSU Denman Undergraduate Research Forum on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Students enrolled in any undergraduate degree program in CFAES and the School of Environment and Natural Resources are invited to participate, provided they have a CGPA ≥ 2.5 and are engaged in supervised research projects in the area of their major. If a research project is ongoing and will not be completed by March 1, a research-in-progress summary may be submitted in lieu of an abstract.
- All participants will be rewarded with a $50 gift card from Barnes & Noble!
- Research that has been presented in another venue is welcome.
- By submitting an abstract, the student agrees to present the research at the Forum.
- To assist students in preparing their presentations, workshops will be held in advance of the Forum on how to prepare an abstract and on how to develop and deliver an effective poster presentation.
- Final presentations are in the form of poster presentations and will be judged by faculty.
- Monetary prizes will be awarded to the best judged presentations in each category.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Pat Whittington (email@example.com) or Susie Sheller (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the College office, 100 Ag Administration Building, (614) 292-3590. Registration opens November 1, 2017 online at http://cfaes.osu.edu/students/undergraduate-research-forum