The HCS Graduate Student Association (HCS GSA) is an organization for graduate students, led by graduate students. The purpose of the HCS GSA is to provide opportunities for interaction of current and incoming graduate students, improve student’s professional development skills through networking and professional events, provide a forum to plan academic and social events within HCS, and to serve as a liaison between graduate students and the departmental administration. All graduate students in HCS are automatically members of the GSA. The HCS GSA is also responsible for organizing the annual Graduate Research Symposium, where HCS students and faculty from both campuses come together to share their research.
- Provide opportunities for interaction between graduate students
- Improve students professional skills
- Provide a forum to plan academic and social events
- To serve as a liason between graduate students and departmental administration
HCS Graduate Student Association Constitution
Ways for Graduate Students to Get Involved
- Come to our social events to take a break from work, have a good time, and get to know your colleagues
- Help out with the organizing process of the Graduate Research Symposium (We always need help!)
- Apply to become a GSA officer
- Reach out to one of the officers or advisors to ask on how you can get involved with GSA or to share your ideas on how GSA can serve you better!
- Responsible for forming the Graduate Research Symposium planning committee
- Nominates student representaties to the Graduate Studies Committe, Executive Advisory Committee, and to attend faculty meetings
- Plans graduate student social events
- Acts as a hub of information for incoming students
Learn more about the HCS Graduate Student Association