Are you a current or future graduate student with the skills and passion to become the next notable floriculture researcher or educator? If so, apply for the Paul Ecke Jr. M.S./Ph.D. Scholarship Program now through Feb. 1, 2015. Applications are available online.
Applicants must be in the process of successfully completing either a B.S. or M.S. degree in horticulture or a related field, (e.g., agricultural engineering, entomology, agricultural marketing and economics, plant pathology, etc.) at a U.S. land-grant university and must have the intention of pursuing an M.S. or Ph.D. degree on a full-time basis.
In addition to the application, the following documents must be submitted directly to AFE by the Feb. 1 deadline:
A personal statement explaining the applicant’s
- reason for applying for the scholarship,
- personal involvement in floriculture activities,
- proposed research project and how it will contribute directly or indirectly toward resolving a major floriculture issue and
- anticipated future professional goals in floriculture.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the applicant’s floriculture-related advisor.
- Official transcripts sent directly from the Office of the Registrar.
- A video, up to three minutes long, telling the selection committee what makes you the best candidate for this scholarship and describing your current or proposed research project.
- A color photo (preferably high resolution) for publicity purposes.