The Dawes Arboretum Display Gardens
Dates of Employment: May-August
Shift: 7:30 – 4:30pm
Average hours per week: 40
Age Requirement: Must be 18+ years
Reports to: Display Garden Manager/Director of Landscape Operations and Grounds
- Work eight hour days outside in all types of weather
- Able to independently perform job requirements in a reasonable amount of time
- Regular and timely attendance
- Good communication skills
- All other duties as assigned
- Maintain current, valid Ohio driver’s license
Examples of Work Performed:
- Planting, pruning, mulching, watering and weeding
- Applying various herbicides and insecticides effectively and safely
- Mowing and string trimming as needed
More information can be found on their flyer!
Internship at the Mt. Cuba Center
Mt. Cuba Center is a premier botanical garden focusing on native plants and their ecosystems. Besides working side-by-side with our professional horticulturists, arborists and researchers, interns participate in educational programs at least one day each week. Interns also complete a project and make a presentation to the staff at the end of their internship.
The application deadline is March 1, 2015 but phone interviews are beginning now and will continue until positions are filled.
Mountain Crop Improvement Lab Internship at North Carolina State University
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in plant materials, interest in plant breeding, and a good sense of humor.
Application Deadline is March 1, 2015.
Internship Job posting: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/47288
Seasonal Horticulture Worker for the City of Dublin, Ohio
The position runs from sometime in April to late November, and pays $12.20/hr, more if they have CDL. Please include a résumé and list one or more HCS faculty members as a reference.The nature of this position requires the successful candidate to occasionally work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Planting, watering, fertilizing, staking, mulching, pruning; Hand weeding and chemical spraying;
- Operating hand tools and power equipment associated with landscape planting and maintenance (hand pruner, saw, pitchfork, shovel, rake, rototiller, water pump, pesticide sprayer, leaf blower, weed-eater, etc.);
- Operating all vehicles associated with landscape planting and maintenance (pick-up truck, dump truck, front-end loader, etc.).