Catholic Cemeteries Association Public Horticulture/Landscaping Internship - Cleveland Area
Horticulture Intern carries out general landscape maintenance duties for all cemeteries as provided for by the Landscape and Horticulture Planner. This position is responsible for the implementation of all directions provided by the Landscape and Horticulture Planner including completing operations on time and meeting all safety guidelines and requirements. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, snow removal and other general cemetery care and landscaping matters within the Field.
• Implement plans as provided by supervisor.
• Ensure all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines.
• Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, and work-sites.
• Trim and prune trees and shrubbery as required by supervisor.
• Plants trees, shrubs, or flowers, according to instructions and planned design of landscaped area.
• May operate a variety of equipment, including but not limited to, mowers, string trimmers, Cushman, backhoe, dump truck, tractor, bed edger, hedge trimmer, chain saw.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
• Apply herbicide, fertilizer to designated areas, using sprayers and spreaders.
• Prepare and maintain gravesite as directed by supervisor.
• May be used in field as needed.
• Maintain OSHA PPE certificate.
• Ability to hand pull weeds around bushes, trees, and flower beds.
• Maintains awareness of landscaping best practices and plant knowledge.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.