The Scotts Company is offering a Global Sourcing Internship.
Scotts is dedicated to a beautiful world with industry-leading lawn and garden products and services. We are the world's largest marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care, with a collection of strong global brands such as Scotts Miracle-Geo, Otho, Roundup, and TomCat. Collectively, we are a $2.84 billion business that operates primarily in North America, along with businesses in Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Internship: Scotts employs two sourcing interns on rotating 6 month appointments from January-June and July-December. A single appointment offers competitive pay, full time hours, and will be based at Scotts world headquarters in Marysville, OH. Housing assistance is offered for out of state applicants.
The Ideal Candidate: A highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn new systems and approaches to consumer goods product development. This individual should have training or background in logistics, analytics, supply chain, finance, chemistry, or biological scions. They should also have interest in learning the art of business and how it applies to purchasing.
Why You Should Apply:
- Learn how to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills.
- Receive direction from a career mentor.
Exposure to a global purchasing organization:
- Interact with global suppliers
- Source internationally
- Manufacturing and distribution facility tours
- Provide tactical support for Buyers and Managers.
- Learn and execute tasks in SAP in support of purchasing functions.
- Interact with suppliers in the Request For Quotation (RFQ) process,
- Perform cost analysis reports.
- Support the development of cost modeling tools & strategic buying efforts.
- Support market analysis & research efforts in raw materials.
- Engage in cross functional teams to troubleshoot problems that threaten product quality & supply.
- Participate in the broader SMG internship program with opportunities for team-building and volunteer work.
APPLY ONLINE: scotts.com/careers
Keywords: Purchasing, Internship