Horticulture Students! There is a weekend job opportunity for you!
Temporary Weekend Sales Representative – Lawn & Garden Specialist
The primary responsibility of this Temporary Weekend Sales Representative role is to provide in-store lawn and garden expertise to promote sales of a specific product line at Home Centers in Franklin County area. Incumbent will also build relationships with store personnel for the duration of the program.
This position requires working 5 hours each Saturday for a 10 week period, with a start date in April 2014. The location of this position will be communicated to you prior to your start date.
The representative will:
- Promote the sales of lawn & garden products
- Provide lawn and garden expertise to consumers
- Ensure understanding of proper usage of product based on label instructions
- Build and maintain relationships with key store personnel
- Coordinate with co-workers and store personnel to maintain inventory levels on racks, shelves and displays. Straighten and dust products as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to consumers and store personnel
- Demonstrated lawn and garden knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to stand comfortably for five (5) consecutive hours
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated good organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Access to the Internet/Email and Cellular phone
- Trained in lawn & garden techniques (ex. Horticulture training, Master Gardener certification, related education) or equivalent level of lawn & garden expertise
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of sales or retail work experience
- Lawn and Garden chemicals knowledge
- Previous Home Center consumer product merchandising work experience
- Previous lawn care and/or pest control work experience
If you are interested in this part time position, please email us at email@example.com with your name, address including city and county you live in, and your phone number.
This position will be offered through Belcan TechServices, an equal opportunity employer.