My research in the D.C. Kiplinger Floriculture Crop Improvement Lab focuses on using molecular and physiological approaches as well as beneficial microbes.
- M.Sc. Plant Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH (2004)
- B. Sc. Biology, Allegheny College, Meadville, PA (2002)
- I have enjoyed serving on many OARDC committees including: Staff Council, Wooster Campus Scarlet, Gray, and Green Fair, Employee Development, and Safety.
- When I’m not working or dashing home to be with my family, you may see me unwinding with a run through the Secrest Arboretum. I have a wonderful family with two amazing sons. We love to spend our time on various outdoor activities, such as hiking.
- Nordstedt NP, Chapin LJ, Taylor CG, and ML Jones (2020) Identification of Pseudomonas spp. that increase ornamental crop quality during abiotic stress. Frontiers in Plant Science, in press.
- Wang H, Blakeslee JJ, Jones ML, Chapin LJ, and IE Dami (2020) Exogenous abscisic acid enhances physiological, metabolic, and transcriptional cold acclimation responses in greenhouse-grown grapevines. Plant Science, in press.
- Quijia Pillajo JO, Chapin LJ, and ML Jones (2018) Senescence and abiotic stress induced expression of autophagy-related genes in petunia. Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Science 143:154-163.
- Chapin LJ, Moon Y, and ML Jones (2017) Downregulating a type I metacaspase in petunia accelerates flower senescence. Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Science 142:405-414.
- Broderick SR, Wijeratn S, Wijeratn AJ, Chapin LJ, Meulia T and ML Jones (2014) RNA-sequencing reveals early, dynamic transcriptome changes in the corollas of pollinated petunias. BMC Plant Biology 14:307-328.
- Jones ML, Chapin LJ and S Bai (2010) Proteomic Analysis Identified Proteases Up Regulated during Petunia Corolla Senescence. Acta Horticulturae 880: 377-386
- Bai S, Willard B, Kinter M, Chapin LJ, Stead A, and ML Jones (2010) Proteomic analysis of pollination-induced corolla senescence. Journal of Experimental Botany 61: 1089-1109.
- Chapin LJ and ML Jones (2009) Ethylene regulates phosphorus remobilization and expression of a phosphate transporter (PhPT1) during petal senescence in petunia. Journal of Experimental Botany 60: 2179-2190.
- Chapin LJ and ML Jones (2007) Nutrient remobilization during pollination-induced corolla senescence in petunia. Acta Horticulturae 755: 181-190.
- Rotenberg D, Joshi R, Benitez MS, Gutierrez Chapin L, Camp A, Zumpetta C, Osborne A, Dick WA, and B McSpadden Gardener (2007) Complex effects of farm management on rhizosphere colonization by native populations of phlD-containing Pseudomonas spp. and the relative contribution of those bacteria to crop stand and productivity. Phytopathology 97: 756-766.
- Gutierrez L, Lutton E, and B McSpadden Gardener (2006) Distribution and fungicide sensitivity of tomato fruit rot pathogens in Ohio. Plant Disease 90: 397-403.
- McSpadden Gardener B, Gutierrez L, Joshi R, Edema R, and Lutton, E (2005) Distribution and biocontrol potential of phlD+ pseudomonads in corn and soybean fields. Phytopathology 95: 715-724.