The Department of Horticulture and Crop Science offers two undergraduate majors and four minors.
Sustainable Plant Systems (with four specialty areas) and Professional Golf Management majors receive real-world experience through field and laboratory classes as well as hands-on research guided by world-class faculty. Students also learn diverse approaches to thinking and problem-solving while experiencing endless opportunities for growth, both personally and professionally.
What types of jobs or further education can I pursue as a Sustainable Plant Systems and Professional Golf Management Major?
- Prepare for graduate school in many areas of plant and crop science
- Become a superintendent of a park, arboretum, major league sports stadium or golf course
- Become a research technician in the public or private sector
- Become an owner/entrepreneur of a crop production company, landscape design or grounds management company
- Gain employment with a state or federal environmental organization
- Become a pro golfer or manager of golf club operations